Organiser: Northern Primorska Fine Artists Association (DLUSP), Ajdovščina, Slovenia
in collaboration with the Union of Slovene Fine Arts Associations (ZDSLU), Ljubljana, the Lokarjeva galerija and the Pilonova galerija, Ajdovščina, Slovenia.
relative to the conditions for participation at the International Watercolour Biennial Castra in 2015
1. The International Watercolour Biennial Castra 2015 is open to all artists – watercolourists older than 18 years.
2. The Biennial is organized in two circular rounds, due to the selection of the Participants for the exhibition.
3. The Biennial is dedicated to classical and experimental techniques of watercolour on paper.
4. The process of admission to the competition part of the Biennial takes place in two rounds:
a. Round 1: first selection made on the basis of electronic reproductions.
b. Round 2: takes place on the basis of the originals.
5. The participation at the Biennial Castra 2015 implies that the authors accept the conditions and rules of the Biennial Castra 2015.
a. By subscribing to participate at the Biennial Castra 2015 the Participant agrees to exhibit his/her sent artworks in the following galleries in Ajdovščina: the Lokarjeva galerija and / or in the Pilonova galerija Ajdovščina.
b. The Participant authorizes the Organizing Committee of the Biennial Castra 2015 the unlimited use of the reproduced works of art for the needs of the Biennial, either in print or in electronic media, at home and abroad, exclusively for non-commercial purposes.
c. All personal data will be used exclusively in relation with the Biennial Castra (advertising and documentary material for the Biennial, information material for the Biennial and for the Symposium).
1. Each Participant can log in 2 (two) artworks.
2. The submitted artworks must have a minimum size of 30 x 40 cm and a maximum size of 70 x 100 cm. Due to postal regulations the longest side of the packaging must not exceed 105 cm and its total weight (gross) must not exceed 3.00 kg.
3. The postal expenses for delivery of the artworks to Ajdovščina are in charge of the sender.
4. Only original artworks, not older than 3 years, can be signed in for the Biennial.
5. The judging will take place in the Lokarjeva galerija Ajdovščina.
6. The organizer reserves the right to personally invite guests of honour – notwithstanding the decisions made by the international jury.
7. Potential changes to these regulations will be announced on the Organizing Committee website.
8. The official languages of the Biennial shall be the Slovenian language and the English language.
JUDGING – Round 1
1. The participation in the first round is free.
2. Each Participant must send his/her complete application in electronic format on the enclosed form to the Biennial e-mail address by the specified deadline.
3. The artworks must be reproduced in professional quality for publication in print media (catalogue, website, etc.): * jpg or *pdf format, 300 dpi, maximum 5 MB for the individual reproduction, 20 cm at the longest side. Each work of art must be sent as an attachment to the application in electronic format.
4. The addresses of individual files must be listed in the following order: surname-name-title of the artwork – year -height x width expressed in cm (surname_name_ title_height_width_.jpg)
5. The Curriculum Vitae or biographical data (maximum 350 signs) should contain the following information: surname and first name, place and year of birth, country of residence, awards received, and the most important exhibitions and awards.
6. The applications must reach the Biennial Castra by 29th of March 2015 at the latest.
7. The application material will not be returned to the applicant and will remain in the Biennial archives.
8. The decisions of the judges are final.
JUDGING – 2nd round
1. Only the original artworks submitted for the competition in time will be considered by an impartial international jury.
2. The participation at the second round takes place after prior invitation (call for entry) of the jury. It is payable.
3. The Participants have to send the registered original artworks by the deadline specified in the up-mentioned call for entry to the: LOKARJEVA GALERIJA / Bienale 2015, Prešernova 15, SI 5270 Ajdovscina, Slovenia at their own expenses.
4. Works of art not in accordance with the submitted works’ reproductions will be eliminated from further treatment and returned to the sender at his own expenses.
5. The delivered artworks have to be affixed at the back with the identification label, filled out with capital letters. The label is to be downloaded from our website.
6. The original artworks must reach the Biennial Castra by 1st of June 2015.
7. The transport of the artworks must be implemented in quality hard packaging (cardboard folders, plastic or cardboard sleeves): artworks must be frameless, free of glass and of pass-partout (Mat).
8. The organizer will not accept any liability for damage during transportation. The author should insure his artworks for the duration of the exhibition, transport and storage in the galleries’ depots.
9. The Organizing Committee will inform all the authors of the jury’s outcome by e-mail and on the Face book.
10. The judges’ decisions are final.
1. The electronic logging to the Biennial exhibition is met when the fee is paid in the amount of € 50 – it is irreversible.
2. The fee includes: one copy of the official catalogue of the Biennial, free admission to the galleries and to the Symposium, free entry and participation in the monitoring programme, as well as shipping costs for artworks’ return delivery to the artist’s address.
3. The payment shall be made by bank transfer in favour of the Biennial Castra.
4. Bank account data: NOVA KBM NOVA GORICA
In favour of: DLUSP AJDOVSCINA
SWIFT / KBMASI2X
Iban SI56 0475 0000 0539953
5. The award-winning artworks will become property of the Organizing Committee and of the Donors.
RETURN SHIPPING OF ARTWORKS
1. The artworks will be returned to the Participants’ addresses at the closure of the Biennial Castra 2015 at the expenses of the organizer by November 2015.
2. The Organizing Committee assumes no liability in connection with the delivery and re-sending, in case the information concerning the address of the Participant is incomplete or incorrect.
Organizing Committee of the Biennial Castra 2015
Lokarjeva galerija Ajdovscina
Presernova 15, SI 5270 Ajdovscina, Slovenia
Biennial executive secretary: Franc Golob, painter
Telephone: 00386 40754792